Thursday, April 2, 2009

The price ..... of presidencial places

I did not know that I was going to come back to that title again. I was disgusted when I was writing it... But I feel lighter.. the kind of 'goody goody' feeling you get when stuff you thought might happen actually happen .. and happen even quicker and more exactly than you did imagine...

Part of that piece said
'Particpants and nothing else. All the security, all the gold, the protocol, the press, the talk.. all of that.. does not make any president more human than any other human being..'

I do recall a gentleman I met in one particular meeting that took place in one of the presidential places. He was the Delegation Head of his African country.. so the official car was his. With all the noise, pomp and show that accompanied it.

I do recall his anger when the official cortege was taking a bit of time due to the heavy traffic that resulted from the number of official delegations around.. My gentleman felt that being a Prime Minister means that stuff get executed when he wants them, how he wants them and by the folks he wants...

One month later... there was a coup d'état in his country.. And my ex-Prime Minister Gentleman was asked to arrest himself and turn himself in. He executed. I mused over the issue as I followed it on TV...

As at today, he has received a bill. Which he has agreed to pay "willingly". Two million five hundred thousand dollars! Oh Yeah! In fact, he has already made a first payment...

Oh really? I thought there was a global financial crunch? Mhmm...

Now, I guess I am getting wiser.. I not only know that presidential places are temporary, I also know that they have a price....

My Gentleman friend has received his own bill - 2.5 million USD! Oh la la!

No comments: